Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monster Cookies

Many times these are referred to as Sally Becker cookies (I bought the recipe from her). Sally use to make them for the swim team as you can see they make a lot! I also made them for Thomas' fraternity auction. Boys away at college were willing to pay $80 for two to three dozen of these puppies. Some of his friends don't remember me but do remember the cookies. Creed only wants these from me for his birthday.
The important part of these recipes, as Jamie tells me over and over, is UNDER cook them.

Monster Cookies

1 lb butter (I split with butter-flavored shortening cubes)
2 lbs brown sugar
4 C. white sugar
3 lb. Jar peanut butter (12 oz. For ¼ recipe)
1 dozen eggs
8 tsp. Soda
18 C. oatmeal (sometimes I add a little more)
1 lb bag M & M’s (plain)
1 lb. Bag chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients & either drop on cookie/cake pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. I take out of oven when they are just starting to brown. If they have spread – immediately take a spatula and form cookies into circle.

* This recipe is so big that you can easily cut it in half or even quarter it.

*The cookie dough balls freeze very well also for baking later. Just scoop dough by ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet – Flash freeze until hard and then package in an air tight container

No comments:

Post a Comment